Wednesday, November 18, 2020

birthday '20 +1

If the fresh breath of the morning breeze
wishes to shower the landscape of your mind
with rose-petals,
let it

If an abandoned torment,
buried in the crevices of a bygone time,
wishes to burn bright again,
let it

As if only with a stranger,
sit before me for a fleeting moment,
or two

Although, my regret at having lost you,
the void that fills my soul,
will only get worse,
once we part again

Although, every word we speak
will stumble
on the invisible obstacle
of all those that can’t be said

I will not remind you
of pledges made & unmade
of faith kept & unkept

But, if through the gathered dust of time,
my tired eyes try to speak to you
upon the first instance of sight,
you may choose to listen,
or not.

And if words fail me completely,
in that moment,
you may choose to speak to me,
or not.


- Murder at my hand of Faiz's "koi ashiq kisi mahbuba se"


No comments: