Saturday, July 12, 2008

buffer post #1

See, the post below this one is beautiful poetry, imbued with profound spirituality and philosophical poignancy; Iqbal at his best (which is rare), artistically postulating what brings sublime joy to many hearts that beat as if war-drums, testifying to the absolute truth of love. Also, these few lines from Iqbal’s works in Farsi hold special meaning for me since I first heard them from my Nana many, many years ago. The post that will follow this one, on the other hand, is crass, nay, outright disgusting. Allowing it to impinge upon the dignified beauty of the previous one by putting it in the latter’s direct neighborhood would be utterly irreverent of someone even the likes of me. Therefore, I follow one of humanity's grandest old traditions, compartmentalization, whereby incompatible phenomena are kept apart, and life made invariably simpler, because then there is neither any need to explore the dynamics of such incompatibility, nor any cause for discarding something that might have caught one’s fancy at any level; hence, this buffer. Do I wish that the two aforementioned posts were not even on the same page? Yes. But there is not much I can do about it. I just hope the universe appreciates what great flip-flops people can be.

No comments: